Are you looking to get online reviews for your business? Have you been wondering how online review collection companies work? If yes, then you have come to the right place. In this article, I am going to take you through the process of gathering feedback from your customers. Suffice to say that you probably already know why online reviews are important. Today, up to 90% of consumers will first look up online reviews before making a purchasing decision. Clearly, no business can afford to ignore online reviews! So, how do online review companies work?
Google licenses 30 companies for Seller Ratings
This is the first thing that you need to know on the way to better understanding the world of online reviews. In this world, not all review collection companies are equal. For most people, online reviews involve claiming a free page on Yelp or on any other platform. Indeed, this is something that I strongly recommend for local reviews. Yelp is a powerful platform on which you can interact with your customers, but many reviews get filtered.
However, if you are looking to go the extra mile, then you need to think beyond Yelp. If, as an example, you are looking to get Seller Ratings in Google Shopping and in Google CPC text ads, then you need to understand that Google has licensed only 30 companies (ranging from Japanese, Spanish, Italian, German, Dutch, English, etc.) to syndicate data for Seller Ratings. You should, therefore, look to sign up with a Google-approved 3rd party aggregator if you want to get Seller ratings. eKomi is one such company that can get you Seller Ratings.
Google has another list for Product Ratings
Product ratings are for a particular product in your catalogues, such as a camera or a brand of jeans. If you are looking for these, then you need to know that Google has another list of 18 companies that it has approved to syndicated your ratings into your Google Shopping PLAs. Again, eKomi is one of the English language review companies that are on this list. What this means is that if you are looking for both Product Ratings and Seller Ratings, then you won’t go wrong with eKomi because we’re on both lists!
What happens when you sign up for a company such as eKomi?
This is a question that I get a lot from readers to this blog. They wish to know what happens after they have signed up with a company such as eKomi. Well, once you have signed up, you get a number of tools that get integrated into your e-commerce website. These tools are designed to help you gather as much feedback as is possible from your customers.
One of the things that you need to understand here is that the average consumer is not naturally inclined to give you feedback. Indeed, most people would rather not be bothered! They actually need to be reminded or nudged to get them to take the positive action of reviewing your business. This is where the tools that you get from a company such as eKomi become important. They simplify the process of asking for and gathering feedback from your customers.
How do you ask people to review your business?
How do you go about asking people to leave your feedback? Do you plead with them? Do you call them? Well, online review management companies are of particular importance because they automate the process of gathering reviews from your clients. This greatly simplifies life for you. Imagine that you are a big e-commerce company that sells hundreds of products on a daily basis.
Would it be possible for you to manually reach out to all of these people to get them to give you feedback? Clearly, it cannot be done! This makes companies such as eKomi important. Once you have signed up, their software gets integrated onto your e-commerce site and your customers get asked to review your business, products and services in the following ways;
- Using pop-up: A pop-up appears as soon as your customer completes the checkout process. It asks your customers to leave a review detailing their experience doing business with you.
- Via SMS: This is another common way that is used by review collection companies to get a business’ customers to leave feedback. Contrary to what you may think, SMS is actually very effective as a way of soliciting for reviews. For one thing, SMS is rather hard to ignore. The same cannot be said of the email.
- Using Email: Email is another way through which your customers get asked to review your business. Once a person has made a purchase on your e-commerce website, they get an email asking them to give you feedback. The duration between a purchase and the email being sent is largely depended on the nature of the product. If you have ever purchased an eBook from Amazon, you will have noticed how the company gives you a couple of days in which to read the book before asking for feedback.
- At the Point of Sale: You can also get your customers to leave you a review at the point of sale. This applies even for those that are offline. How it works is you get the eKomi app that you can use to have your customers review your business.
- Reviews get displayed on your site: The great thing about review collection companies is that they give you the tools that you need to display online reviews on your website. This is a great way through which you can boost sales on your site. It all has to do with trust. The average consumer believes that the reviews that are displayed on your products and services are honest and that they can be trusted to be a true reflection of the quality of your product.
- You pay a monthly fee: There are some online review companies out there, such as Yelp, where you can claim your pages without having to pay anything. As already mentioned, they are great, and every business should claim their free page on there. However, if you are looking to go the extra mile by having reviews displayed both on your website and syndicated to Google CPC text ads or PLA ads, then you need to sign up with a company like eKomi. These companies charge a monthly fee, but this can be worth it. If, as an example, you advertise via Google Ads, then you can expect a CTR boost of up to 17% through star ratings.
Get in touch
Get in touch with us today for a comprehensive online review management experience. Once you have signed up with us, you can sit back and relax as we do the hard work of gathering and syndicating reviews for your business. At eKomi, we also take care of the task of responding to online reviews as well as disputing negative reviews. In short, we are the ONLY fully managed Google approved online review company!